Writing articles from home is a legitimate way to earn income, and there are many platforms available where writers can register obtain excellent writing gigs from home.
Scripted pays you to write quality content across a range of different styles and projects. Scripted’s mission is to pair the best writers with the best clients.
Let’s take a look at Scripted.
Some basic information about Scripted:
- Website: https://www.scripted.com
- Operating since: 2011
- Availability: In 24 countries that can accept payment via Stripe
- Recommended: Yes – only if you have excellent writing skills
My Scripted Review will take you through the following sections:
- What is Scripted and how does Scripted work?
- How do you get paid with Scripted?
- Is Scripted legit?
What is Scripted and how does Scripted work?
Scripted has a range of writing work available, such as:
- blog posts
- press releases
- web pages
- product descriptions
- video scripts
- social media posts
- content tune-ups
- custom projects
The Scripted platform expects their writers to take their work seriously, and expects that writers will
- Consistently meet the deadlines
- Ask questions to clarify anything ambiguous and ensure they meet the brief
- Prepare detailed and informative proposals
- Write clear, engaging and impactful content
- Write according to the style and guidelines specified by the client
- Thoroughly research topics to create authoritative content that answers readers’ questions.
- Communicate professionally with clients
- Enjoy writing
Once your proposal has been accepted, you submit the piece for customer review. If there are no revisions required, your job will be accepted and you’ll be paid.
If the customer feels it needs a little more work, they may submit a request for revisions. If this is the case, you’ll need to address the feedback they left for you before you can submit.
Customers can request to up to 2 rounds of revisions, but upon the final draft, they will only be able to accept or reject your work. If the job is rejected, you will still receive 50% of the originally agreed payment. If it is accepted, the full payment will be provided to you.
Writers are given ratings on each assignment, and those metrics are visible to clients. It’s in your best interest to do an excellent job every time you are selected for a piece of work.
The metrics seen by clients include your star rating (out of 5), earnings, how many customers rate you as a favourite, % of jobs you accept, % of following guidelines given, and % customer happiness.
By building these ratings you can increase the price you charge for your work and get the best assignments from the best clients.
The sign up process
First, you need to sign up and create a profile.
Once you’ve done that, you are advised that you need to pay a $19 application fee.
If you’ve got excellent writing skills, don’t be put off by the one time application fee, even though it’s a nuisance. As they say, you can make that money back (with a little bonus!) upon your first accepted job that comes with a 5-star customer rating, if you are accepted as a Scripted writer.
Be aware that Scripted say they only accept 2% of applications, so if you are going to proceed with your application, you will need to give the test the attention it deserves.
Once you’ve received confirmation that you have been accepted as a Scripted writer, you will need to complete a few more things to maximise your chances of getting work, and to get paid appropriately. You will need to:
- Add your payment information – Enter your information carefully to ensure you will be paid correctly and on time
- Add Writing Samples – Writing samples are an excellent way to showcase your skills to potential clients
- Fill out your profile – Your profile is the first thing potential clients will see when they find you on the platform, so you need to make it the best it can be. Tell clients why they should choose you. Include a picture, links to your website, Quora profile, and LinkedIn profile if you have them.
- Find projects and propose jobs – This is the best way to get some work started as soon as possible.
How do you get paid with Scripted?
Scripted writers earn an average of over ten cents per word and fully control their pricing and workload. You will be paid automatically 15 days after your job is accepted. Payment is made via Stripe.
You may also qualify for partial payment of 50% of the agreed price on any rejected job. Keep in mind though, rejected jobs will impact your rating, so your goal is always to do the best work you can.
You can set your own prices and earn a higher rate on job requests and when you propose jobs.
There is a minimum pricing on each job to ensure that all writers can earn a fair wage. As you start to build your presence on Scripted and build a great profile, you will have more ability to set higher rates.
Is Scripted legit?
Scripted is absolutely legitimate, and if you enjoy writing and can produce high quality content, then Scripted is a good option for you.
I have found a mix of Scripted reviews. It has a Better Business Bureau (BBB) rating of C, although is not accredited. There were only a couple of complaints at the time of writing.
There were more reviews from both writers and clients on g2.com. Here is the summary:
As you can see, there are a range of different ratings. It seems that, overall, writers rate Scripted.com better than clients do. So that’s good news for you as a writer.
Alternatives to Scripted and other awesome ways to make money online, anywhere
Check out my list of ways to Earn Extra Money From Home. This includes cash back sites, get paid to sites, using your skills sites, surveys, website testing and other writing platforms.
You can also check out an awesome way that writers can make money through their own affiliate marketing websites here. This is my preferred way to make money online.
Sign up for your account and get started today.