Hello, and I'm glad you're here!
You might have a range of reasons for being here and reading Wealthy Affiliate reviews. You might be looking for a legitimate way to make money online. You might want to establish a new career for yourself, or start a new side hustle. You might be finding it hard to balance paid employment and home life and think that there must be a better way. You might just want a new hobby, or test out something new to see if it's something that might work for you.
Whatever your reason for being here, Wealthy Affiliate can help you get there. In fact, Wealthy Affiliate can change your life and open up a whole new range of possibilities. In this review, I'm going to go through everything you should know about Wealthy Affiliate so that you can make an informed decision. I found Wealthy Affiliate in 2017, and it's the platform that changed everything for me. I'll be going through quite a bit of detail, so I've added a table of contents if you'd like to skip directly to sections that are specifically of interest to you. Otherwise, settle in and enjoy my honest Wealthy Affiliate review!
** Updated May 2019 to include some awesome new updates to the platform! **
Wealthy Affiliate - the model
Wealthy Affiliate provides training and support for people of any level of capability to establish their own websites, and earn revenue from those websites. Any person who has the motivation to do something new and put in the work can make a successful online career with the tools and support provided within Wealthy Affiliate.
You will be shown, step by step how to choose an area you are interested in, build a website based on your chosen area, attract visitors to your website, and then earn revenue from your website:
This is the proven four step model that is used by successful marketers worldwide to make money online.
You will be taken you through the process of earning money online in an understandable way:
You will be shown step by step how to do this. You don’t need to have had ANY prior experience in websites, marketing, or technology.
Creating a website - it's easier than you think
To show you how easy it is, here is a video that shows how anyone can build a WordPress website in under 30 seconds:
Now of course there will be the work you need to do on the site (you won’t be ready to make money the moment you have the website built). I have included this video to illustrate to you that ANYONE can build a website, with the tools and support available to you within Wealthy Affiliate.
It’s pretty simple to make a start. All you need to do is:
- Choose a domain name for your website
- Choose a title for your website
- Choose a design for your website, from one of the many beautiful free themes available
You'll be prompted for these 3 steps as you go:
Who should join Wealthy Affiliate?
In short, Wealthy Affiliate is for EVERYONE.
You may be just starting out as an entrepreneur, or you may already be highly experienced and running your own successful business wanting to scale it to a whole new level.
Wealthy Affiliate caters to all levels of marketers and entrepreneurs.
You can be any age, any background, any level of education, and any part of the world. Your personal circumstances won’t dictate your success.
You might be:
- Anyone who wants to be their own boss
- Any person who wants to earn a second income, or replace their existing full time income
- Anyone who wants a new career
- An existing business owner who wants to grow their online business
- A student wanting to fund their education, or be learning the online world so you’re ready to market yourself or your services after you’ve graduated
- A retiree who wants to learn something new, who wants to stay on top of technology
- A parent who wants a new career online to help manage caring responsibilities and work flexibility requirements
- A person with a disability who may find a regular 9-5 job difficult
- A person who has been unemployed for an extended period of time and wants to learn new skills
- Anyone who wants to be able to work from anywhere in the world
- Anyone who is sick of the 9-5 daily grind
- Anyone who wants to transition from full time employment to part time employment
- Anyone with motivation and drive to improve themselves
- Anyone who wants to quit their job
- Anyone who wants work flexibility
- Anyone who wants their own website
- …. ANYONE! …..
Enter your text here...All you need is a PC, laptop or tablet, and an internet connection. You will also need to want to learn, and to put in the work. You don’t need fancy equipment. You can read here about a fellow home entrepreneur who runs his online business from a second hand $79 computer.
Wealthy Affiliate University - the ultimate online business training
The Wealthy Affiliate training program, the Online Entrepreneur Certification Training, is second to none.
When I joined Wealthy Affiliate as a starter member, I didn’t know what an affiliate program was. If you asked me to build you a website I would have laughed out loud. As if I could build a website – you’re joking, right? My business was in people, not in technology. I had no idea (and largely still have no idea when it comes to technology in general!!), but when it comes to the offering from Wealthy Affiliate, I’m very proud to say that I learnt a lot in a very short period of time, and I am still learning every day.
From the time I created my profile with Wealthy Affiliate, I had a fully functioning website up and running in two days that I'd created for myself. That was all thanks to the step-by-step training. You do not have to have any experience whatsoever with coding, websites or affiliate programs to be successful in this business. In fact, I think that coming to Wealthy Affiliate with a clean slate and being open to all of the learning is a wonderful thing.
It’s important to know that the learning available to you within Wealthy Affiliate comes in a variety of ways, recognising that people all have different learning styles. There is:
- Online certification training including videos, taking you through step-by-step
- Weekly live training
- Training classrooms – question and answer
- Blogs and training added by members
Online Certification Training
The Online Certification Training consists of five levels. Levels one and two are available to those with the starter membership and premium membership, and the rest of the levels are available to premium members only.
Level 1, “Getting Started”
Level 1, “Getting Started” consists of ten lessons and is all about taking you through the steps of creating a successful online business that generates revenue. This level helps you realise your potential as an online business owner.
By the end of level 1 you will be able to:
- Become immersed within the Wealthy Affiliate community
- Create and start working towards new financial and non financial goals
- Choose a niche for your new online business
- Learn how to optimise your website
- Create quality website content that gets ranked
- Discover the process of earning revenue online
- Build your very own niche website
- Make your site search engine friendly (for free!)
- Understand the keyword research process, and build your own list of low competition key words
To access the Getting Started Training directly, click here.
Level 2, “Building Your Own Traffic Producing Website”
Level 2, “Building Your Own Traffic Producing Website”, also consists of ten lessons and walks you through no cost traffic generation techniques that will allow you to capture highly relevant traffic to your niche website.
By the end of level 2 you will be able to:
- Understand the principles of website traffic
- Choose a domain that is ready for success
- Set up your own domain specific email address (at no cost)
- Create content that converts and is engaging
- Get traffic from reviews
- Build an experience that is user based
- Become proficient using the WordPress editor
- Create content that targets affiliate programs, earning you revenue
For those who sign up for premium membership, the next levels of training focus on making money, mastering social engagement, and achieving maximum success through content creation.
To access the Building Your Own Website training, click here.
Level 3, “Making Money”
Level 3, “Making Money” provides ten lessons that focus on teaching you how to earn revenue from your website. The training focuses on FREE methods of revenue generation.
By the end of level 3 you will be able to:
- Understand the customer purchase lifecycle process
- Understand the benefits of affiliate networks, and which ones are the best
- Understand the numbers associated with a lucrative online business
- Know where to gain access to promote millions of products within any niche
- Monetize product reviews on your website
- Benefit from Google Adsense on your site
- Earn money through affiliate programs in your niche
- Leverage promotional materials
- Get instant access to product news within your industry
- Use publishing network alternatives to your advantage
To access the Making Money training, click here.
Level 4, “Mastering Social Engagement”
Level 4, “Mastering Social Engagement” provides ten lessons dedicated to all aspects of social. Social media, social marketing and social networks. This training does not require any existing social media experience, and will walk you through it all.
By the end of level 4 you will be able to:
- Understand what social marketing means to your business
- Make your website a place to engage
- Become a Facebook powerhouse!
- Use visuals to attract a following
- Use twitter, and leverage Google
- Understand easy and effective ways to earn through sharing
- Use Pinterest
- Set yourself for a lifetime of social engagement and success
To access the Mastering Social Engagement training, click here.
Level 5, “Achieving Maximum Success Through Content Creation”
Level 5, “Achieving Maximum Success Through Content Creation” consists of ten lessons aimed at understanding how to scale your business through content in the most efficient way.
By the end of level 5 you will be able to:
- Produce content efficiently, that results in conversions
- Get people to read and engage in your content
- Analyse conversions
- Produce visually appealing content
- Get indexed and ranked in other big search engines such as Bing and Yahoo
- Develop a long term strategy for a brilliant website
For those wanting to use Wealthy Affiliate by referring others to Wealthy Affiliate, there is comprehensive Affiliate Bootcamp Training to get you on the road to a significant income.
To access the Achieving Maximum Success through Content Creation Training, click here.
In addition to the formal walk through training, there are a number of other learning and development methods:
Weekly Live Training
There is live weekly training available, which always get a large turnout and goes over very well. For those who can’t make it to the live training, they are recorded and replayed and made available for whenever you get a moment to see it.
The people that do the live training are seasoned professionals who know their stuff. If you join Wealthy Affiliate you will feel the excitement you get a notification of the upcoming weekly live training hosted by Jay, the in-house live training coach. Here’s a snapshot of some recent training:
There are ‘training classrooms’ within Wealthy Affiliate to provide you with quick and helpful information. You can post a question there and usually within moments you will have a response. You can also search through the questions and answers there and more often than not you will find what you’re looking for.
Blogs and training added by members
Members add new training all the time. I receive notifications a few times a week of new training videos and blogs available. If it something that I am needing to know now I will watch straight away, otherwise I file it away in my Wealthy Affiliate email training folder, which is growing on a weekly basis. There is no shortage of information.
Support available at Wealthy Affiliate
In addition to the very extensive training available to you at Wealthy Affiliate, there are other types of support available:
- Site support
- A community of people who pay it forward to help each other
Whenever you need technical support for your website, you can contact the Site Support team. Site Support is available to all premium members 24/7.
One of the first things that struck me when I joined Wealthy Affiliate was the warm welcome I received from the community.
Strangers said hello and wished me success. And that warmth and camaraderie has continued to this day. The community works on a pay it forward system. More experienced members help out by answering questions, posting blogs, and sharing new training.
There are always helpers, and I have always been impressed with the friendly nature of the community and their willingness to provide support, information and encouragement to those around them.
Live Chat is available for anyone who wants to contribute to the community in real time, and get the answers they need quickly.
If you’re ever unsure about a page or a post on your website, you can ask the community to give you feedback. It won’t be published on your site, just provided to you. It’s a great way of checking in to see if you’re on track.
And anyone can post questions when they need help. There are always willing members of the community to provide answers. Often those answers will be linked to training resources.
The tools available are extensive
There are excellent tools available for you within Wealthy Affiliate that are all included. The tools are easy to use for anyone, including those who are completely new to creating websites and affiliate marketing.
Starter members get access to the Site Manager, Site Builder, Site Domains, and Site Content. Premium members also get access to Site Comments, Site Feedback and Site Support.
Where you can manage all of your websites in the one place (starter members can have two websites, and premium members can have up to fifty websites).
isWhere you build your website, either on a free domain, or a domain that you own. Here is where you can choose a theme. For starter members there are 4 themes available. Premium members have access to 2,700+ themes. You can choose the theme that is right for you and your niche.
Where you find, register and manage all of your domains. You can search for available domain names. You can either use siterubix domain names, or you can purchase your .com domain names through this platform. The usual price of purchasing a .com domain name is $13.99 per annum.
Where you write and edit all of your content. It is really simple to use and keeps track for you the posts and pages that you publish, together with word count if you have set yourself content goals. The Site Content platform offers 1,000,000+ free images for you to use in your content.
Site Comments and Site Feedback
Are available if you would like members of Wealthy Affiliate to leave comments on your website to boost engagement and ranking, and feedback is where members can leave you feedback (if you request it) to help you improve your website.
Is available whenever you need technical support for your website, you can contact the Site Support team. Site Support is available to all premium members at all times of the day and night.
What else is included in the platform?
New in May 2019!!
The Wealthy Affiliate Platform continues to innovate and improve, and if I wasn't already impressed, now I'm just blown away. They have outdone themselves with this update! It's a new "Affiliate Programs" function, where researching and managing your affiliate programs has never been easier.
The search element helps users find affiliate programs with efficiency, based on filters and keywords that meet their search criteria. You cansearch programs based on a number of different filters.
- Country Availability (Is this available to you as an affilaite in your country)
- Payout options
- Auto approval of commissions
- Commission %/$
- Network fee
You can manage these by clicking the filter, as shown here:
You can search what you like. If you wanted to search for "online learning" related affiliate programs, you EASILY can:
Then, when you find the ones that you want to join, you can join them right then and there on the platform, with all of the information about the program available to you:
There are close to 10,000 affiliate programs included within the search!
There will be future updates that will connect affiliates and merchants. This first version establishes the core search and management technology. There will be interative advancement to this aspect of the platform as a "home" for affiliate program managers to work directly with their affiliates.
Affiliate programs contintue to grow over time as affiliate marketing becomes a critical part of any successful companies' business strategy. The technology and the ability for affiliate programs and their managers to communicate will continue to improve, and the resources available to you as an affiliate across various programs and niches will evolve through the Wealthy Affiliate platform. All successful affiliate programs understand that affiliates are the bread and butter of their online business and their overall reach, and the focus of the Wealthy Affiliate platform is going to be getting you the best access directly to these merchants in a safe and easy to use environment. This really is an industry first.
Jaaxy – the best keyword search tool
In addition to all of these tools, there is now a free keyword search tool, Jaaxy, that is integrated within Wealthy Affiliate. This tool helps you find low competition keywords for your website.
This tool in itself is amazing. It is available to starter members with 30 keyword searches and the ability to save two keyword lists. For premium members you will have unlimited keyword searches and 25 saved keyword lists.
If you are aren’t familiar with keyword research just yet, you will learn that this will be your go to tool when you are creating content for you websites.
Here is a link so you can try it out for yourself. When you are finished, just hit the back button to return to this page.
Premium members get access to state of the art, unlimited cloud hosting. Here is a comparison of WA WordPress hosting with other providers:
The tools provided within Wealthy Affiliate are all that you need to create a successful online career. There are no upsells. There are no additional purchases required. It is all here for you, ready to use.
How much does Wealthy Affiliate cost?
With the starter package, you do not pay a thing. It is 100% free, and you do not leave any payment information. It is there for you to explore in your own time to see if it works for you. For many people, paying money upfront without being clear about exactly what you get for money can be very difficult. The beauty of the starter package is that you get to try it all out first, with absolutely no obligation for anything else.
You can actually build a successful business from the starter package, with two free site rubix websites and enough training to get you up and running. The training available within the starter package consists of two full courses of ten full lessons each, including step by videos and instructions that will leave you with a fully functional website that has the ability to earn revenue.
Most people (like me!), after they’ve started, can see the potential very quickly, and sign up for the Premium Membership. The membership is $49 per month, or a reduced annual fee of $359. There is now a 6 monthly membership available. Here are the options:
The first month of Premium Membership (monthly) is at the reduced rate of $19.
The Premium Membership gets you the full suite of training modules. The training on its own is worth FAR more than the cost of membership. If you were to try and source the level of training elsewhere you would be paying well in excess of the membership fee.
Here is a breakdown of the costs, and what you get for the standard membership vs the premium membership:
Purchasing your own domain name
Whilst you will have access to two free .siterubix domains with the free starter package, it is recommended that you purchase your own specific domain name. It’s more professional and you will end up with a more polished looking site.
Purchasing your own domain is really easy through the Wealthy Affiliate Site Builder, and is inexpensive. Through Wealthy Affiliate, a domain is only $13.99 per year. Here’s a comparison of other providers and their domain costs:
Offset the cost of Premium Membership
How can you offset the cost of the Premium Membership? There are a few ways you can earn money within the platform. By becoming a certified commenter, you can actually make revenue by commenting on other people's websites. You can also make money by developing training and publishing it within the Wealth Affiliate platform. Many people find that once they start to become more familiar with the platform they can either partially or fully offset the cost of the membership.
An awesome way to offset the cost of the membership, is through making referrals.
Wealthy Affiliate has its own in-house affiliate program
One of the great things about Wealthy Affiliate, apart from teaching you how to build your own great revenue generating websites through your chosen niche, is that they themselves have an affiliate program.
Because you will be trained in how to build your own traffic producing websites, earning through the WA affiliate program will come quite naturally. To make it even easier to maximise your earning potential, Wealthy Affiliate provides extra training called Affiliate Bootcamp to get you well on your way to earning even more revenue through the WA affiliate program.
The WA affiliate program is a VERY generous program. Your referrals can earn you:
Affiliate Bootcamp training is in addition to all of the core training provided. There are no additional costs to do the training, it is all part of the package. Affiliate Bootcamp will take you to a whole notha level.
Affiliate Bootcamp Training
The Affiliate Bootcamp Training consists of seven levels. Level one is available to with the starter membership and premium membership, and the rest of the levels are available to premium members only.
Level 1, “Getting Your Business Rolling”
Level 1, “Getting Your Business Rolling” consists of ten lessons and is designed to get your business built on a solid foundation for a long term and lucrative online business.
By the end of level 1 you will be able to:
- Fully understand the WA affiliate program, including the benefits such as the annual Las Vegas meet up
- Find and create a successful ‘authority’ style domain
- How to set and reach affiliate goals
- How to share content and earn
- How to create a successful WA affiliate campaign
To access the Getting Your Business Rolling training, click here.
Level 2 “Content, Keywords and Conversions”
Level 2 “Content, Keywords and Conversions” also consists of ten lessons that teach you how to leverage keywords that create ranks, and how to make your content convert.
By the end of level 2 you will be able to:
- Make your content a wonderful reader experience
- Master conversions
- Properly use affiliate links
- Avoid visual mistakes on your website
- Maximise profits by leveraging products you are not promoting
To access the Content, Keywords and Conversions training, click here.
Level 3 “Giving Your Site Social Value”
Level 3 “Giving Your Site Social Value” provides ten lessons on how to make your site more social and engaging so that you can get most traffic.
By the end of level 3 you will be able to:
- Add social plugins to your site
- Understand the social networks to use and those to avoid
- Understand effective sharing techniques and the benefits going social
- Write content that is socially engaging
- Create a website that is socially friendly with Google
To access the Giving Your Site Social Value training, click here.
Level 4, “Get Visual. Get Aesthetic. Get a Brand Through Media”
Level 4, “Get Visual. Get Aesthetic. Get a Brand Through Media” provides ten lessons on the importance of appearance, media and design. It’s about making your website a better experience for your visitors.
By the end of level 4 you will be able to:
- Design high converting web pages
- Add charts and graphs to your pages
- Leverage Pinterest
- Make your content a great experience for your visitors
- Utilise screen captures to emphasize your expertise
To access the Get Visual. Get Aesthetic. Get a Brand Through Media training, click here.
Level 5, “Knowing Your Audiences and Catapulting Your Referrals”
Level 5, “Knowing Your Audiences and Catapulting Your Referrals” provides ten lessons that will lead you to a great understanding of your audiences and will improve your skills to convert a visitor on your website to an invite, and then to a referral.
By the end of level 5 you will be able to:
- Develop custom sign up forms
- Write with intent
- Amplify your conversion through content additions
- Encourage engagement
- Get your comments to convert.
To access the Knowing Your Audiences and Catapulting Your Referrals training, click here.
Level 6 “Bing, Yahoo and the Power of PPC”
Level 6 “Bing, Yahoo and the Power of PPC” consists of ten lessons that focus effort on Yahoo/Bing, remembering that they own 30% of search engine market share.
By the end of level 6 you will be able to:
- Understand PPC (pay per click) on Bing ads
- Let Bing know how to find your pages
- Create a quality, high CTR (click-through rate) ad group
- Track free and premium referrals through PPC
- Properly leverage the content network
To access the Bing, Yahoo and the Power of PPC training, click here.
Level 7 “How to Scale Successful PPC Campaigns”
Level 7 “How to Scale Successful PPC Campaigns” is the last of the Affiliate Bootcamp training and provides ten lessons on how to scale your PPC campaigns to create profitability and long-term success.
By the end of level 7 you will be able to:
- Create and set up a Google Adwords account
- Set up Google conversion tracking
- Create high CTR ads
- Maximise review pages with PPC
- Understand how to create relevant PPC specific pages
- Manage PPC prices for maximum benefits, and understanding PPC math
To access the How to Scale Successful PPC Campaigns training, click here.
Jaaxy affiliate program
Another benefit of being a Premium Wealthy Affiliate member is that you have access to the Jaaxy affiliate program.
All starter and premium members have automatic access to Jaaxy. For any Wealthy Affiliate premium members referred by you, who go on to purchase Jaaxy Pro or Jaaxy Enterprise, you will earn affiliate commissions.
Why Wealthy Affiliate?
- Wealthy Affiliate is for absolutely anybody, regardless of where you're at in your online journey.
- They are an established and trusted business operating since 2005.
- Every year the platform gets better and better - they keep rolling out new improvements. It's hard to believe it keeps getting better, but it does!
- Their training WORKS!
- You can sign up and have a look around the platform at no cost. You can see if you think it might be a good match for you.
- You will be shown step by step how to build your own website, and earn revenue from your website.
- A free starter membership will give you two site rubix websites and the first ten modules of training.
- A premium membership will give you access to 25 free site rubix websites, and another 25 of your own websites (with domains that you have purchased), fully hosted, with access to all of the amazing stuff I've written about including the extensive training and support.
What are you waiting for?
Join Wealthy Affiliate now to build a long term and sustainable business. You can change your life today
For your two free websites and starter training:
For up to fifty websites, extensive training, support and tools:
I'm always available for help and support, so please drop me a question or a comment below and I always respond. When you become a referral I'm always happy to assist where I can inside the platform, so don't be a stranger!