So you want to build your own business or start something new, and don’t really know where to begin? Or perhaps you think there must be some training out there to help you in your efforts to become more entrepreneurial?
The good news is, there are loads of amazing courses out there that can really help you take the next step and equip you with skills and knowledge to move forward. Like most things available on the interwebs, there are excellent products, and there are scammy and expensive ones. You might be unsure if the free entrepreneur training you’ve come across is worth your while, or whether you’re better off paying for an entrepreneur training program. Sometimes it’s hard to tell the good ones from the not so good ones, and that’s where I can help you.
Anyone who knows me knows that I subscribe to the philosophy that there is always something new we can learn to improve ourselves. And when it comes to learning about business and entrepreneurial skills, then that’s even better. The online ecosystem is always evolving, and there are new things we can learn to help us in our personal and business lives all the time.
In this review, I’m going to take you through a platform called Lurn. Let’s get straight into it!
My Lurn Review
My Lurn review will take you through the following sections:
- What is Lurn?
- How Lurn works
- Is Lurn legit?
What is Lurn?
Some basic info:
- Website: https://lurn.com
- Brought to you by: Anik Singal
- Founded: 2004
- Price: Free to join; free courses and paid courses are available
- Recommended: Yes
Lurn is a platform created by Anik Singal offering over a hundred free and paid courses across the spectrum of entrepreneurship. Courses are appropriate for beginners with zero business experience through to professionals looking to learn new skill sets. Anik is an entrepreneur and self-made millionaire who knows his stuff.
Courses are available in digital marketing, digital marketing, email marketing, traffic generation and SEO, Facebook advertising, social media, eCommerce, writing books and copywriting, business opportunities, personal development and more.
How Lurn works
Signing up to Lurn is easy. All you need is to register your email address, provide your name, and create a password. Once you’ve verified your email address, you can start learning.
The free courses are typically good.
Let’s take a look at one of the courses. The one that first caught my eye was 5 Money Rules by Robert Kiyosaki.
You may know Robert Kiyosaki as the author of Rich Dad Poor Dad. It is one of the best personal finance books of all time and is a number one best-seller. If you don’t know the book, it challenges the way people typically think about money. The book is a fantastic read written in a parable style based on two ‘dads’ – one of whom is a ‘rich dad’ who accumulates wealth due to entrepreneurship and smart investing, and the other is a ‘poor dad’ who is well-educated and worked hard all of his life others but remained financially poor.
This free course is broken up into 10 modules, and provides some bonuses at the end for you:
Throughout the course, there are downloadable infographics.
There are other courses that are more skills based, such as how to start building an eCommerce business on Shopify, how to advertise on Facebook, and the ins and outs of YouTube for your business.
There are lots of free courses available with quality content. The paid courses range from less than $10 to over $1,000. Here’s just a few under thirty dollars that caught my eye as interesting courses that may help a budding entrepreneur as well as someone who wants to learn some very specific skills to take their business to the next level.
- LinkedIn Marketing $29
- Content Marketing – Attracting Customers with Zero Advertising $17
- The Complete Shopify AliExpress Dropship Course $19
- The Bootstrapping Entrepreneur: Start Your Own Business By Yourself $20
Some of the more expensive titles include:
- Email Startup Incubator: The Complete Email Marketing Package $997
- BNB Empire: Build A 6 Figure Real Estate Empire Without Ever Owning A Property $1,397
- Zero Up: Launch Your Own Ragingly Successful Shopify Business $1,497
Is Lurn Legit?
Yes, Lurn is absolutely legit. Like anything, it has its pros and cons.
The Pros of Lurn
- Lurn is a legitimate platform, and there are many free options as well-paid options available. Depending on our learning needs you may find just the thing you’re looking for.
- You are not required to provide any credit card details when you sign up, just your name and your email address.
- From what I have seen, the courses are high quality.
- After you’ve activated your free sign up, you will at some point receive an email with a discount code if you wish to do some of the paid courses.
- Lurn has an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau (BBB).
The Cons of Lurn
- Be prepared to get a LOT of email from Lurn and from Anik Singal. He is a master marketer and entrepreneur and he will email you about paid courses, affiliate marketing and email marketing left, right and centre. Although, really he is just putting into practice what his courses are teaching you. He wants you pay for his stuff obviously. You might even get a few pointers from his emails for your own business or your own email marketing campaigns. You can always unsubscribe if it becomes too much.
- Some of the paid courses are very pricey. If you are considering paying for one or more of the high end training courses, I would suggest you do more research first to see if there are any lower priced alternatives that are of equal or better quality. For example, Wealthy Affiliate provides extensive training across most of the course areas covered in Lurn, at a fraction of the cost.
Overall, I believe Lurn is a good platform for you to sign up to and explore. You may find just what you’re looking for.
Sign up for Lurn here, and start learning!
Have you discovered any other excellent online learning resources? If you have, I’d love to hear from you.
If you have any comments or questions please leave them below, and I’m always happy to help you out.