Crowd Content pays you to write quality content. So, if writing is your thing and you’d like to make some additional income, Crowd Content may be for you.
Crowd Content is a platform that offers quality content to organisations across the globe, for companies large and small. Crowd Content has serviced clients from 81 countries so far, ordered over 100 million words of custom content, and have a bank of over 5,000 writers in the Crowd Content marketplace.
Let’s take a look at Crowd Content.
Some basic information about Crowd Content:
- Website: https://www.crowdcontent.com
- Availability: Writers from the US, UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa or any country where English is the native language
- Prerequisites: An application process
- Cost to join: Free
- Recommended: Yes
My Crowd Content review will take you through the following sections:
- What is v and how does Crowd Content work?
- How do you get paid with Crowd Content?
- Is Crowd Content a scam or legit?
What is Crowd Content and how does Crowd Content work?
From the client perspective, they simply place an order for some content, detailing their requirements. A writer from the Crowd Content platform claims the order and delivers the work. The client can request a revision if necessary, then they accept the order and use their content.
For potential writers, there is an application process to be accepted as a writer to Crowd Content. Whilst you don’t need to be a professional writer, but you will need to be a good writer and be confident with your writing. The application process is between 50 and 200 words, depending on the application type, to show your writing capability.
The Crowd Content team try to make the application process fairly straight forward. The process is:
- You sign up for an account, making sure you’ve uploaded a head shot, entered a pen name, and answered a few questions about your background and experience.
- Start applying for specific projects or to the marketplace, where you’ll have access to open work posted by clients at your particular writing level.
- Your application is accepted. You will receive a rating between one and four stars based on the quality of your application. The star rating determines what type of work you have access to. Over time and by providing consistent and high-quality work can help you increase your ratings and access higher paying tasks.
The topics that need writers are vast and varied, and cover:
- Outdoors and sports
- Travel and leisure
- Health and fitness
- Real estate
The types of content that Crowd Content clients are looking for include:
- Technical writing
- Blog posts
- SEO content
- Meta descriptions
- Product descriptions
- Ghost written content
- Copy editing
- City pages
- Facebook posts and tweets
- Other content for clients
You select the types of work you are interested in, there’s never a need to write about something that’not of interest to you.
There are two ways to earn – via the freelance writing marketplace, and through managed content projects.
The freelance writing marketplace is where you work directly with clients on the platform on a range of assignments. You get rated by the clients and if you deliver great work they can add you to their favourite lists. You can build relationships with clients and over time it can lead to more assignments with those clients.
Managed content projects are led by a Project Management team for large clients. The Project Management team work with writers across a variety of skill levels, across a range of content types.
Rules You’ll Need to Follow
There are some very important rules you need to be aware of when writing for Crowd Content. You can receive ‘strikes’ if you break the rules as follows:
- If you break a rule, you will receive a strike on your writer account and your claim limit will be reduced.
- If you complete 5 orders in a row without a strike, all strikes on your account are removed.
- If, at any time, you reach 3 strikes, your writer account will be closed and you will not be able to sign in again.
All of the content you submit goes through a plagiarism checker, so be sure you only ever submit original content.
In addition, Crowd Content reserve the right to close your account at anytime should your behaviour be considered inappropriate, so it’s really important that you familiarise yourself with the expectations of the platform before you accept a piece of work from a client.
Work In Progress
The more you deliver consistent and high quality work, the more work you will be able to have ‘in progress’ at one time. The claim limit schedule at the time of writing is:
- New Writers: 1 order
- Complete 5 consecutive orders without a strike: 3 orders
- Complete 10 consecutive orders without a strike: 4 orders
- Complete 15 consecutive orders without a strike: 5 orders
Quality Ratings on Crowd Content
For every piece of work you complete, the client will provide you a star rating. The ratings are:
- Exceeded Expectations (5) – the writer exceeded the client’s expectations for the quality level of the order.
- Excellent (4) – the writer met the client’s expectations perfectly for the quality level of the order.
- Good (3) – the writer met most of the client’s expectations for the quality level of the order.
- Acceptable (2) – the writer barely met any of the client’s expectations for the quality level of the order.
- Poor (1) – the writer performed far below the client’s expectations for the quality level of the order.
For your quality level to change, you need to complete at least 2,500 words of rated content for at least 3 clients while at your existing quality level. It’s important to note that your quality level can decrease as well if you receive lower ratings.
How do you get paid with Crowd Content?
Once you have completed the writing job and the client approves your work, you’ll be paid the following payday. There are pay runs twice weekly. Payments are made to PayPal, and you must have reached a balance of $10USD in order to be paid.
All new writers start at the ‘street rate’ The rates at the time of writing were as follows:
Custom Content Orders (pricing is per word):
- 1 Star: 1.2 cents | 1.4 cents
- 2 Star: 2.0 cents | 2.3 cents
- 3 Star: 4.4 cents | 5.2 cents
- 4 Star: 6.6 cents | 7.6 cents
Tweets (pricing is per unit):
- Standard: $0.70 | $0.80
- Professional: $1.05 | $1.20
Facebook Posts (pricing is per unit):
- Standard: $1.05 | $1.20
- Professional: $1.55 | $1.75
These rates can change from time to time so please make sure you check the order details for every order to be clear about your potential earnings for that order.
There are bonuses available if you consistently deliver work in less time than the target turn around time – just make sure you never compromise on quality.
Is Crowd Content a scam or legitimate?
Crowd Content is absolutely legitimate, and if you enjoy writing and can produce quality content, then Crowd Content is a good option for you.
Whilst you won’t make a fortune, if you’re a skilled writer you can certainly make some additional income.
Check out my list of ways to Earn Extra Money From Home. This includes cash back sites, get paid to sites, using your skills sites, surveys, website testing and other writing platforms.
You can also check out an awesome way that writers can make money through their own affiliate marketing websites here. This is my preferred way to make money online. Sign up for a free account today.